Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thirty -four

Ephesians 3:16
I ask the Father in his great glory to give you the power to be strong inwardly through his Spirit.


I am going through some tough days. Why am I struggling? What am I doing wrong? Why can’t I get my emotions under control? How easily it is to fall into that “woe is me” mode. I know that attitude changes everything. But what can I do if I just don’t have it in me? Or my attitude is really angry? What then?

Normally we unload on the person closest to us. That can have terrible consequences. I am learning that if all the words that come out of my mouth are negative, then of course all I’m going to get back is negative. My struggle is the unloading part. I unload when I should keep things to myself. I need God to help me control my tongue.

Today’ verse speaks about how the Holy Spirit can come into a life and bring you strength. Strength to get through these tough times.

In the book 31 days of Blessings there is a story about how Brazilian children go to their father each morning and look into their father's face and ask, “blessings, father?” And the father will raise his hand and assuringly will say, “God bless you, my child.”

Do we get so wrapped up in the “woe is me” that we forget to go to the Father and seek his blessings and his favor? I can only imagine what it would be like to search the face of Jesus and ask him for a blessing. I would close my eyes and wait for his assurance, and to hear his voice say, “God bless you.” Oh, how that would help me get through my day with that loving assurance that God will bless me.

Some of the ways God has blessed me personally:
Financially for me to have my apartment
My dog that is forever restless
My friends and my family.

Today God blessed me by telling me that a change in season will bring a change in me.

I want to praise God for his goodness. God makes so many things good for me each day, sometimes it is the little things, like fresh water, or food to eat , or a roof over my head, glad I was born in America.
I have so many things that I can thank God for. Eyes to see, a heart to feel, love to give, and the experience of the day that God made for me to live.

Praise God.

May the Holy Spirit come into your life if you are reading this and convict you of something you need to bring to God or thank Him for something he has done in your life.

May the change in season also bring a change in you too.

Peace and Mercy to you from God our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment