Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fifty-seven

I have a lot on my mind today. I feel a little greedy today. Greedy about things I want. Things I want to achieve and don’t know how to start. I spent time with my dad this weekend and I see his dreams about our business. I love my dad and I hope that we get to see his dream come true in the near future. When someone has a dream that has lasted all my life, I am full aware of what it will take. I want to be greedy about it. I want to take his ideas and make them come true. I can’t do it on my own. I don’t have the resources. I don’t have the knowledge.
He has been making incredible paper models of our product. He brought me one this weekend. I put it on my kitchen table and I pick it up and examine it every time I pass by. I want to see his creation in metal and glass. During the weekend we talked about him passing down is information to me.
I want that. I want to be able to spend the time with my father to make his dream and his work a reality. I hate that his last project didn’t go as well as we would have thought. I know that my mistake there was my commitment to it.
Years ago we had a thriving fish hatchery. We raised fresh water angel fish and tilapia. I could not tell you the thousands – maybe millions of babies we raised from eggs the fish laid. We could have done more marketing and put ourselves out there a little more and still have a thriving hatchery to meet the demand for the fish hobbyist. I was pregnant at the time and just couldn’t commit to it as I should have, if I could have seen the potential that was there and just let it pass us by.

Now I see my dad as a skilled artist in building unique fish tanks and I want to sell what he creates.
I feel greedy for knowledge to be able to do what we need to do to market and sell his designs. He has so much talent and I maybe bias but he is incredible and I would like for him to be recognized for his talent. This week I am feeling greedy for my father. I would like him to be successful.

I made  Orb Edge the company sponsor for my scarecrow this year. It was a surprise for my dad. He was so proud to see the name of our business on the sign in front of my scarecrow. That pride is a big deal to me.
I
 wrote an article about my dad and I am hoping that we will get some response from it and be financially able to go into full production in the new year on a mainstream product.
Big dreams. I need big support. I am going to put these dreams to prayer. I need some knowledge of where to begin and where to go each step of the way. Times are tough and asking this of God is a big deal. I am sending out my desire in a faith prayer.

Psalm 37: 23-29
23 If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;
24 though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
25 I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread.
26 They are always generous and lend freely;
their children will be blessed.
27 Turn from evil and do good;
then you will dwell in the land forever.
28 For the LORD loves the just
and will not forsake his faithful ones.
They will be protected forever,
but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;
29 the righteous will inherit the land
and dwell in it forever.

In these verses I have hope that God knows every step ahead of me and he is ordering everything pertaining to my life, my family and my needs, so all I need to do is trust in Him for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment