Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fifty-three

Today I feel my to-do list getting longer and longer.
I have this overwhelming feeling that I won’t get it all done.

I wrote yesterday about how I worry. Today I am still being tested.

Psalm 55:22
“Cast your burden upon the LORD, and he will sustain you.”

Many of my burdens are not visual things. They are about the safety and security of my loved ones and friends.Some lost jobs. Some are losing their homes. Some I am just concerned for their actions. Some are in jail. Some are traveling. These are all the types of things I have a burden for. As you can see these are things I have no control over. Some of the people I worry over are on the other side of the U.S. or even the world, I worry about them none the less. How do I hand over these burdens to God?

Someone once said that this is an easy way to give things over to God, if you are a visual type (you have to see things to retain knowledge of them) I am a visual person. I get that from writing everything down. If I see it, I more than likely will remember it. If someone tells me something, I have a hard time retaining it (drats! My short term memory!!!) I do this when things are too overwhelming:

I make some time to spend with God, gather some envelopes and some pieces of paper or note cards and sit alone with God and go over each one in prayer as I write them out, one per note card. As I write them out I detail the burden, my fear my doubts and all my feelings, then I seal each one up in a envelope. I kneel and hold up each one to God and hold it up until the pain in my arms equals the pain in my heart and when I can’t hold that envelope up anymore, I cry out to God, “Lord take it!” Then I drop my arms and write the date and time when I gave the burden to God. I file these envelopes away and step out in faith knowing my burden is in God’s hands and I can have hope about it and not worry anymore about the outcome.

Doing this may seem like it will consume a lot of time, but how much time do we worry with things when we should give them over to God? And you have to consider how important your burden is – do you want God to take it lightly too??

This exercise works because it points us towards God and puts focus on Him and how we worship and trust in Him.

I have some big burdens I am going to hand over to God in this way tonight.

The depth and willingness with which we serve is a direct reflection of our gratitude. Sometimes the only way we can serve another is to pray for that person- Really Pray.

Thank God for your many, many, many, blessings daily. Have a heart of gratitude. 

Thank You God!

A change in season and a change in me.

Grace and Mercy to you from God the father.

No comments:

Post a Comment