Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Forty-nine

In our days we can get so busy we neglect to spend time with God.
On Sundays it is easy to say , God I spent two hours in discipleship and worship, now you still want me to spend some quiet time with you? This is not the attitude that God wants.
I am guilty of spending a large part of my prayer time telling God my personal struggles and not spending enough time just thanking God and praising Him.

I’ve had a lot of things on my mind today. I’m still struggling with my relationships and this past week I have been trying to hold on to the people in my life. My child is going through some serious growing up and I want to be with her, but it is hard when she doesn’t live with me and her dad and step-mother doesn’t tell me what is going on with her and include me in decisions they make for her. My daughter is growing up. I didn’t expect it to be happening so fast. But it is happening and the worst mistake would be for all of us who care and love her would be ignoring the fact that it is happening and we all have to deal with it. I hope the impression I give my daughter is that I am her mother, not her friend. Its tough right now, but I have to show tough love and say no to a lot of things that if I behaved as her friend and wanted her to like me, I would have been slack in my attitude and decisions and not so tough when she got in trouble. I always question if I am doing the right thing.

Tonight I just wanted to spend some time with God and thank him for being the Father that he is and for the tough love that he had given to Jesus and for the tough love he has for me.

Revelation:5 12-14
“Worthy is the lamb who was slain to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise … To him wo sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praie and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”

God is worthy of my time and my praise.


A change in season, a change in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment