Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fifty-nine

I have admitted that I have been really blessed these past few days. Tonight I went to see a play with my daughter and my husband. It was very nice. We used to go to the theater a. lot when my daughter was younger. She remembers. I’m very glad for the memories we made together and that they did make an impression on her. We really did have some fun.
My heart was very happy today.
Psalm 37:40
“ they trust in him.”
Reading the whole Psalms 37- I read it often and each time it speaks to me.

Two weeks ago me and my daughter had a very trying night. I had to discipline her for her actions. She had made a life changing decision and not only did it affect her it affected all of us that love her. I was angry when she and I talked. I let her know I was angry.

That was two weeks ago. We are in a different place right now. So different than where we were even four weeks ago. I feel the genuine love and affection returning between us.
For me it is a blessing that I am wanting to capture and hold it close everyday. Yes, there will be many more disagreements between us and she will make mistakes, but I will not love her any less. I will feel many more emotions but not loving her will not be one of them.

Godly parents do not stay continually mad with their children, just as the Lord shows us compassion and when we come to him with a need or a problem, God is the giver of peace, strength, and help in the time of trouble.

Trust is a big deal between me and God. Trust is a big deal between me and my daughter.

I read Psalm 37 and I read “trust in him”
Psalm 37: 39-40
“The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them because they take refuge in him.”

Thank you God for your grace and mercy. Thank you God for your love. Thank you for giving me the Bible to read and have hope in all that I read about God’s character.

I will trust in the Lord, my God, my refuge.

A change in season and a change in me.

Peace and Mercy to you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment