Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Forty-three

Sometimes I look at my life and see the things that are falling away as I clean up some of the things in my life and throw away what is not needed. We all have to do this from time to time.
Other times the things that leave our life are not our choice, a loss of someone dear to us from death, or a friend moves away, or a job loss, or a car that we loved no longer works. In our lives, loss is a part of life.

I struggle with being angry about my losses.I am careful to express this anger with God instead of the person that I am angry with. I found when I expressed the anger I felt, I said things that I could not take back or the other person turned their back to me and didn't even want the confrontation.  I have to give this anger over to God and allow him to be the one to let that person know that they have their own things to deal with  as God will reveal them.
 I didn’t ask for everything to fall away. I had a lot of dreams end, and I struggle with putting my faith in God for my future. I am broken and its hard for me to dream any dream right now. I have this overwhelming feeling of fallow. This emptiness is unsettling,
I know I have to give this feeling over to God and allow him to use it and see this emptiness and fill it with what he wants.


I am doing my daily devotionals to pause and consider what God wants for me. He will reveal it in his perfect time. God hears my prayers, I know that he loves me, I will have the Holy Spirit in me to guide me and a promise of heaven in my future.

I know that God can guide my life and give me grace for my sins and light the darkness that I am in, and put me firmly where he wants me to be during this stormy time of my life. I ache for God each day. It is a longing for him to be with me. I am seeking God for what I need.

Philippians 4:19
“My God will use his wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need.”

God,
I come today to give you thanks for the blessings of friends and people who truly love me. I thank you for your love for me. I thank you for your abundance and meeting all my needs. Thank you for the time and patience you have for me. Thank you for my health. Thank you for Jesus Christ dying for my sins. Thank you for the beautiful day you have given me to breathe fresh air, and to feel the warmth of the sun. Lord I know these small things are all big things that you created. Every thing is from God. To God be the glory for moments of peace and prayer and comfort. I am thankful to you God for all the small things and the peace in knowing you can handle the big things. Thank you God for everything I need. Know that I am grateful for even the smallest things you give to the large things that make each day extra-ordinary.
God I want to give you thanks in advance for healing this broken emptiness that I have and I pray that one day I can dream another dream. I want to live each day thanking you for providing all that I need. Thank You God.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment