Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thirty- three

Romans 8: 26
We do not know how to pray as we should. But the Spirit himself speaks to God for us, even begs God for us with deep feelings that words cannot explain.

There are times when tragedy strikes our lives and we shut down. I did when my daughter moved in with her dad. I couldn’t see what the future held for us since we had a terrible confrontation and hurt each other very bad. I had to just let go. For a mother to let go of a child, it is an incredible thing. I had to adjust to not seeing her everyday and knowing that she was ok.

I had to put my pain before God to help heal us. I had to pray for her dad and his circumstances and his family, because that is where my child is. I am still praying for us, all of us. Some things have healed and it is a work in progress I am thankful for the little things and when the big things happen I am overjoyed.

We all can have some devastating news or circumstance happen to us where we feel despair. Our feelings are real and are not to be ignored. When we have these feelings we are to bring them to God.
Just hand them over to God in prayer. Let Him know what is going on and what you need. It may not happen right away, but bring God into it right away and He can begin to work out what will be best.

My friend Stacie S. father, David H. was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor several months ago. His doctor numbered his days left on Earth to months. Mr. H is a godly Christian man. He was able to get treatment. Many many people were praying for him; his family, all his church family, and his friends, including me. Today he went for a MRI and the tumor was gone!!!

We are all praising God for being the great physician, who removed the tumor that could not be removed with surgery. God is a healing God.

Praise God!

If you are not praying, I would like to encourage you to start. It doesn’t have to be long, or anything fancy, God sometimes is content to know you want to say, “hello.” When these life changing circumstances happen, cry out to God. Let Him know your heart. When these things are beyond our control or understanding we can say a prayer like this,

“Lord I am taking this imaginary hammer and nailing my problem to the cross, because I can’t handle it, I’m hurt and tired, and I can’t stop crying. I am giving it over to you. WHATEVER happens – WHATEVER happens in this circumstance, please give me a peace about it. God you are mighty, merciful and loving, I surrender to your will in this situation.” Amen

God can make the impossible possible and when He does- Praise Him!

“To God be the glory for great things he hath done!”

My other prayer that I committed a week ago- where I was going to start praying for something I had not been praying for - for selfish reasons- well, it was answered. 

My husband has been talking non stop about going back to the Philippines.  I'm sick of hearing about it, it is part of the reason I moved out of the house.  He came home with relationships that had a hand in our relationship pulling apart and brought in lies and anger and hostility in a marriage that was already drifting.  He is still committed to these relationships and told me he is going back as soon as he gets his credit card paid off. 

I prayed that he could go and soon, because it is causing me great unrest about how committed he is to our marriage.  I am at such odds that neither of us know if we should be married or not. 

I feel like if he goes back, it will be the end of our marriage- it will only continue to hurt us.  He doesn't see it that way.  He sees it as - life is short and he should live it the way he wants and enjoy it to the fullest doing whatever makes him happy. I'm all for him being happy, but if he is not happy with me or being married, then we need to take the next step.  There are a lot of reasons we are living apart. I admit my depression from my daughter moving out was a big part of us drifting apart.  

So along with that prayer that I prayed- he got awarded a large contract at work and in a few months- he will have his credit card paid off and I see him going directly to the airline ticket office, without regard to how it will affect our marriage. 

I'm really happy they got the large contract at his work. I praise God because it means that they will make it though these tough recession times and keep the business open.

God does answer prayers!

  I will still be in prayer about God letting us know if we should be married or not. 


Grace and peace to you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment