Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Seventy-one

Today I am thinking about moments- I saw a video yesterday just about moments-
Watch it here.  It will make you smile.

Since I watched it, I have been paying attention to the moments of my life. Moments I see, moments I share and moments I receive. We only have this one life to soak it all in and experience it.

Just this morning my moments went like this:
Heard the wind and rain- thanked God my upstairs neighbors were silent and I was able to spend my devotional time in quiet.

I got a text message from my husband: he had read my note and in his moment back to me – well I was disappointed. (in that small moment response he told me more in what he didn’t say than what he did say) Thankful that God is there when my heart breaks and will help me through this separation and help me handle my emotions and I didn't reply like I wanted to, I just prayed about it and will let God's will, happen. 

Had clean clothes to wear. Thanked God that I have plenty of clothes.

Peeled a ripe banana. The smell was wonderful. The flavor was exactly like a banana. Thanked God for making fruit and provision of food to eat.

Walked my dog and he was happy to be out even though the weather was bad. Thanked God for a great companion.

Saw that my daughter left her legwarmers in my car last night and I thought of her. Thanked God for the blessing of a child and the wonder of her. Thank God for the moments we got to share when I took her to dance and last night I even watched her dance.

I was early to work. Thanked God I arrived safely.

I had God on my mind this morning and he gave me a good feeling about something I needed. Thanked God that he will meet my needs.


I have to repeat what I said about my relationship with God at the beginning of this blog :

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.”
Proverbs 3:5-6

From day ONE

“Next consider the weight of what God is asking, he is asking for a commitment, this is serious. If I consent to “let go and let God” the process will begin and I will see things shift, shove, and rearrange to guide my path for what he has planned. He is not asking me for some weak faith, He is asking me for something larger- God is asking me for an ENDURING faith, a faith that will be here daily- for the next 365 days, and the next, and the next- until my mission and my ministry is done. WOW”


Faith in the moments - God in the moments of my life.

Thank you God, for the moments of my life and making me aware that we only get this one chance to do it right. I’m glad I get this chance to do it right from this very moment on, moment by moment.

We can live- Really live in the moment if we include God!

May you know the peace and grace of God Almighty.

Dear Lord, bless us with thankful hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment