Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sixty-five

Today I am reading the book of Nehemiah in the Bible.

I am thankful today that God has provided me with a job and a part time job. I had been praying for the right part time job to come along and God sent a blessing from the last person I expected a blessing from. I just want you to know that God will break someone of hatred and envy and spite. Sometimes He will break your pride also to make us the people we are to be.

I have been struggling financially since the separation. I look at my money every day and consider every penny and no matter how hard I try not to spend, there are little things that come up unexpected like my daughter needing two dance recital costumes at $90 each or emergencies.
I took a part time retail job but was not sure it was the right job for me, but I did not want to turn away something God had provided, so I went a few days and put it to prayer and now God has provided this new opportunity. The retail job required me to sell credit cards. I am in debt because of my credit card. I need to pay it off and get serious about keeping the balance paid off. I did use it for emergencies and now I use it for gasoline because it is easy and I don’t always have cash with me. I had a problem encouraging people to do something that will be potentially harmful to them, especially when it is about money in today’s economy. God doesn’t want anyone to be in debt. When you owe someone you are bound to that debt. Being debt free is freedom. I want some of that freedom.

I took this part time job with Loren’s stepmother. She had mentioned it to me at the Honor Society induction and I told her I would be interested. I would not say that she and I have ever been friends or that I have extended myself to be that with her. She and I have always talked with Loren’s best interest in mind and I haven’t always liked it that my daughter preferred her to me, but God has a plan for all of this.
I know it will keep me close to my daughter and me and her stepmother will work together.
She told me last night that she really appreciated me doing this with her because it is a good opportunity that she couldn’t pass up and everyone she knew couldn’t help her because they have kids and their time is already obligated. She couldn’t do it alone and didn’t know who she would ask to do it with her. I just offered for her to consider me, and she did. We did one job already and we got two more today. Her time is so that she has little to none this week to make these obligations, but I told her I will do them and we will work it out together. We will work together when we can and the other times we will work solo.
In reality she does so much for me taking care of Loren, that I am grateful that she does love Loren and does the best she can- even with three other children.

I mentioned the other day that I have a lot of humility for my actions.

I am praying that God will bless the work of our hands and be with us as He was with Nehemiah as he labored for God. May we always be thankful to God for providing work and that we do it to the best of our ability to bring glory and honor to Him.

Today I am thankful for work.
To God be all the glory, honor and praise!

Grace and peace to you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment