Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Sixty-seven

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7



I woke up this morning with a lot of energy, the past week I have been very busy. I put in some long days, this has not happened in a while. I am not hanging out, I am working. I have also been fasting this week and under normal circumstances I would want to rest, but on Wednesday I came home about 12:30 and then took my dog out for a jog. The energy I have is not normal. I can feel my muscles, muscles I never think of.
This is the first week of working- really working, but I know if I push through this pain, in a few weeks I won’t feel it. My body will adjust.
I want to thank God for this miracle of a body that He has given me. I want to thank God for my 4 –H’s – my Head, my Heart, my Hands, my Health. I want to thank God for a body that can heal from injury. I want to thank God for making me unique.
I was thinking of the verse I selected today and I think about how God selects us for different jobs to glorify Him. Not all of us can be royalty, not all of us can be millionaires, not all of us can be race car drivers, not all of us can be athletes. We are to do our individual thing and do it to glorify God. Sometimes the focus on the task can put God on the back burner. Please guard yourself of this. Put God in everything you do, “go with God” is a very real thing.

When God is a part of the things you are doing, sometimes life will be hard but remember that God is loving and good and the life – or path we are on – can glorify God.

This week I have kept my heart on God. Humility drives prayer, repentance drives prayer, making decisions require prayer. I have sought God first this whole week. In my head my thoughts go like this,

“God, there is a pancake breakfast this morning and my donation will help someone in need, should I break my fast and have some pancakes?” GOD: Will that glorify me? “ No, it will not show my devotion to you, it will show my selfish nature.” GOD: Then don’t have the pancakes. There will be plenty of other people that will eat the pancakes and make donations.

“God, I want to go home because my phone battery is dead and I should not be without it when I am alone.” GOD: Complete your task, I am with you and no harm will come to you. Have faith. “Ok, I will hurry and finish what I can in the next 30 min and come back in the morning to do things I might have missed.”

“God, I wanted to go to the mall and get some tights.” GOD: Will the tights glorify me? “If I wear them to church they will glorify you.” GOD: You just want the tights, you do not need the tights. Do not go to the mall. Go home.

I feel a little co-dependent on God. Sure I can make these decisions on my own, but the point that I am getting at is that I am making my actions Christ centered. God does give me power, love and self-discipline. I do need Christ during this time of my life, and I admit being co-dependent on God is more than a feeling, it is the start of a way of life. All things come from God.

God please give us a thankful heart.

Thank you God.

Grace and peace to you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment