Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sixty- six

There are times when God is silent. I think during that time we need to be silent also. Silent just being in His presence. I wanted to go to God with some specific questions and have some conversations with God last night. He and I spent some time alone. I know that God was there, and several times I spoke, but I didn’t hear Him speak to me. I didn’t get any resolution to my questions. I admit I was in motion the whole time I was alone. I had a task to do and I did it alone but before I went I prayed that God would be with me. I completed each task and prayed throughout the night. When we are alone without distractions of others we can focus more on God.  I had hoped that He would open my eyes to some things, but he did not.

For me sometimes prayer is just being able to speak to God out loud when we are alone. Last night He was just silent. I think this is a part of my humility. I think God has me in a valley right now and I know how human I am. I do make mistakes. I am a sinner. This valley is an uncomfortable place. It is like having someone angry with you and when you reach out for their hand they draw it away. God is here but He is not affectionate right now. 

I am reading the book of Nehemiah and the gates of Jerusalem. Each of the gates has a message about our Lord and Savior. They tell about Jesus from His first coming sacrifice to His second coming and final judgment of man and angels.
To read more about the gates go here.


2 Corinthians 7:1
"Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God."

Today I am thankful to God for time in a valley to take care of the things I need to take care of  and hope to come out from the valley different and changed from the experience.

To God be all the Glory Honor and Praise.

Today I praise God for the valley.

James 1:2-4
"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing"



Dear Lord give us all a thankful heart.

Grace and peace to you from God the father.

No comments:

Post a Comment