Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Eighty-two and Eighty-three

Over the weekend I was without my computer, but I was not without God.

Saturday I worked on my advent calendar and thought of everything I was thankful for.

Sunday I went to church at Logos Baptist church and Pastor Anderson gave a powerful sermon on Psalm 100; a psalm about giving thanks to God.

Psalm 100
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his [a] ;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.


Pastor Anderson's challenge this week was for us to take 30 min and write down everything we were thankful for. He wrote over 120 items in his list and shared about half with the congregation.

I have been saying each day one thing I was thankful for this month. I have a lot more things than 30 that I am thankful for. Maybe I will come up with over 120 within 30 min.

I will share the top two things as Christians we should be thankful for,
1. Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for our sins
2. Our salvation

Today I am thankful for Jesus Christ and for my salvation.

I am in prayer for healing for hearts that are broken, new friends and new beginnings.

Dear Lord give us all thankful hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment