Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sixty-nine

Today is a day of worship. I started my morning reading 2 Kings and the reign of Hezekiah. Hezekiah had a troubled reign, but he was a man that followed God and went to God for his needs.

2 Kings 19: 14 – 19
14 Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the LORD and spread it out before the LORD. 15 And Hezekiah prayed to the LORD : "O LORD, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. 16 Give ear, O LORD, and hear; open your eyes, O LORD, and see; listen to the words Sennacherib has sent to insult the living God.
17 "It is true, O LORD, that the Assyrian kings have laid waste these nations and their lands. 18 They have thrown their gods into the fire and destroyed them, for they were not gods but only wood and stone, fashioned by men's hands. 19 Now, O LORD our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all kingdoms on earth may know that you alone, O LORD, are God."

What do you need the Lord to deliver you from?


Remember the Lord is Almighty and if you worship Him, there is nothing He can not do.

Some small things I would like deliverance from- noisy upstairs neighbors, and debt. Do these things seem petty to ask for? My neighbors were here before me and my debt was created by me. What is important here is that I turn the focus to God. I can say a prayer much like Hezekiah prayed, first worshiping God, acknowledging His sovereignty.

Here is a prayer I have prayed since I separated from my husband.

Lord,
You are the source of all my sustenance.
I pray that You hear my prayer and guide me in Your infinite wisdom.
My spirit is full, but my wallet is empty. I need Your help.
My finances and marriage is in crisis, and are causing me great pain.
Please uplift my heart so that I may appreciate all that I do have
so that I may also be blessed with more prosperity.
Money issues and the troubles in my marriage bring me down, and I forget to thank You for all that I do have thanks to Your blessings.
Please remind me of Your abundance, so that my money will once again flow in to me
And sustain me as does Your caring.
Heavenly Father, most Gracious and Loving God, I pray to You that You abundantly bless my family and me. I know that You recognize , that a family is more than just a mother, father, sister , brother, husband and wife, but all who believe and trust in You.


God, I send up a prayer request for financial blessing for me. I know You are aware of my needs and will bless me according to Your will for me.


I thank You in advance for Your blessings. God deliver me right now from debt and debt burdens and the trials in my marriage.


Release Your Godly wisdom that I may be a good steward over all that You have given me God, for I know how wonderful and mighty You are and how if we just obey You and walk in Your word and have the faith of a mustard seed that You will pour out blessings.


I thank You now Lord for the recent blessings I have received and for the blessings yet to come because I know You are not done with me yet.
Amen.

God did not instantly answer this prayer.

There were some things in my life that had to change and I had to change. God is still working with me about these changes. He gave me a job that will allow me to make a decent amount of money and I will have to work hard, I know while I work I will be able to draw closer to God and spend time with Him, and He will continue to work in my life. God did bring changes in my husband, and it helped our relationship, we are not living together, and I am trying to adjust to perhaps God is saying no to that situation. I know He is saying no right now, because there are some things that both me and my husband still need to work on.


It is hard to accept when God says no to things. We sometimes do not understand, but we do need to know that God has a plan and trust in that plan. I feel God asking me to trust in Him more than I EVER have. More than trusting Him all those years not having my mother in my life? More than when I was alone with an infant? More than when my child moved out and my world collapsed? Maybe it is not a measure of trust- just simply trusting only in God- the Lord God Almighty.

Today I am thanking God for deliverance, for the things that He has delivered me from in the past and for the things He is at work delivering me from right now, and the things I will trust in Him to deliver me from in the future.


"O LORD, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. 16 Give ear, O LORD, and hear; open your eyes, O LORD, and see; listen…”


Dear Lord give us all a thankful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment