Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Eighty-One

Today I read I Kings 21. In this chapter Naboth did not want to sell the king his vineyard.When King Ahab was enraged that he couldn’t have what he wanted. Jezabel had Naboth unjustly accused and killed so that her husband King Ahab could have his vineyard. King Ahab and Jezebel had a lot of greed and they wanted what they wanted.
Ahab made bad choices time and time again. He also engaged in idol worship.

Today I am thinking about people who take and take from others for their own benefit and hurt others with lies and deceit to fulfill their greed.

I am praying for release of a friend that has had this done to her.

I pray that anyone in a situation that they feel they can not escape, that God will intercede on their behalf and give them peace that they need to know that there is hope for their situation.

We all could use some hope in these uncertain times.

With the recession we all have to keep ourselves in check about what we idolize. Is it shoes, clothes, expensive things to impress others, and sometimes it is just the way we spend our time?

Living like no one else sometimes makes us stand out. It is the nail that sticks out is the one that gets hammered.

Living different is the life of a Christian. If you are having a hard time, please look to hope in God.

Psalm 129: 2-4
2 they have greatly oppressed me from my youth,
but they have not gained the victory over me.
3 Plowmen have plowed my back
and made their furrows long.
4 But the LORD is righteous;
he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked.


Today I am thankful that God provides for my needs and I know I don’t have to live a life to impress others. I hope that I can live a life that impresses God and I can live in his favor.

Lord give us all thankful hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment