Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thirty

Galatians 5:22-26
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit, Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

 
I joined LOGOS Baptist Church today. Pastor Anderson said something to me, he said, “I am glad we are going to be part of your journey.” I remembered in the Catholic Church the priest would say when you took communion, “Peace be with you.” And you would say back, “Peace also be with you.” I wanted to say something like that to Pastor Anderson, but I only got out a, “thank you.”

The verse today was chosen because Pastor Anderson spoke about bearing fruit. God calls us as Christians to bear fruit.

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit- fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.


What kind of fruit? Lemons, pears, oranges, apples?
No, the fruit of the spirit is “is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control”

Lord, is my prayer, make me a fruit bearer, for Jesus Christ.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment