Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Fourteen

I was under the weather yesterday and didn't post last night, so tonight I will post twice. 


Joshua 24:22
22 Then Joshua said, "You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen to serve the LORD."
"Yes, we are witnesses," they replied.

This verse is the same today as it was in Joshua’s time. As Christians we are to live a life that glorifies God. Sometimes we do not keep ourselves in check and it is possible that our actions could cause an unbeliever not to see God in us. I’m guilty of it. I curse a lot more than I should.

Joshua had an amazing testimony in the way he lead and instructed people according to God’s commands. I wish I could hear the Lord as clear as Joshua. I know the bible is where I can find God and Jesus Christ’s words that are as true today as they were when the bible was written. When I need to hear a good word or know the greatness of God, all I have to do is spend some time reading my bible and allowing God to guide me by having the verse speak to me. There is a reason the bible is called “the living word.”

I have a sore throat and I can’t speak today. I stayed home to keep my co-workers from being sick too. Midday I watched a T.V. show and the story line was about a deaf person that had been killed. The school for the deaf where the character attended was his safe place. Within the school grounds everything was fashioned for the deaf to be able to function there. One of the characters said “the outside world” was not a safe place and deaf people often were victims just because they were different. As a hearing person it is hard to imagine a world that I could not hear and how difficult communicating with someone deaf is awkward, and people can be insensitive by not treating them like normal people. There is beauty in signing that causes me to want to watch when two are speaking, signing is so intimate and both people have to be present to speak to each other.
Extraordinary.

My loss of voice made my vocal communication very difficult today. The words just wouldn’t come out. If I lost my voice completely could I learn to sign? Sure I could and it would require everyone close to me learning to communicate with me in the same way. I think communicating with God is the same. For me and God to communicate we have to become intimate. I have to communicate through prayer. God and I both have to be present for me to know when he is communicating with me. I have to be aware of God at all times, or I might miss what He wanted to tell me.

Living a life with God, it can be easy for church to be our safe place, just like the school for the deaf is for non-hearing individuals. If you are like me, your life is not only within church. I spend just a few hours at church a week. I am very humble at church. I enjoy the service and sometimes my mind will wander and I have to remind myself to be present to hear the word of God and come away with perspective of what God wants.

I started this blog with my testimony. My testimony will evolve each day and I will share it with you. As a Christian, my testimony doesn’t end until my last day on Earth.
Logos Baptist Church is a new church and I am a part of the process by attending church there. Each service I am learning something new. Pastor Anderson is very encouraging about mission and ministry, which are all that God asks of me.

As a church there is a testimony:
By faithfully attending the church’s meetings for worship, ordinances, Bible study, prayer, fellowship, discipline, and business, unless providentially hindered;
By carefully living in the world, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, and remembering our special obligation now to lead a new and holy life of spiritual fidelity, ethical integrity, sexual purity, and abstinences from practices that jeopardize our own or another’s faith;
By exercising affectionate care and watchfulness over each other while submitting to the church’s discipline as occasion may require, intent on seeking the reconciliation Christ commands.

That is where I am in my life. As an introvert I am not a person that seeks special attention, and I have to shake my head when I get my name yelled out across a crowded gymnasium singling me out from the crowd. I resisted acknowledging that I heard my name being called, but that made the person yelling my name more persistent until I turned around and waved. I felt like all eyes were on me. If anyone there did not know my name before they do now. I think God and I communicate in the same way, when I want God to hear me I cry out to Him, “God!” Do I cry out just once? No, I cry out until I know He heard me. “God! God! God!” God no longer speaks to us vocally,except through Godly people he puts in our lives, but if He did would He be crying out our names until we acknowledge Him?

If you feel God calling your name, acknowledge Him. Start having a relationship with Him, everyone starts life as a sinner, living life with God does take some adjusting. It is humbling to know that God changes people; every life can be used for His glory. Every person’s life and testimony will be different.
Extraordinary.

May blessings come your way today and may you know the grace and peace that comes from God.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment