Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Twenty-two

In this extraordinary day I have an amazing God that gave me several blessings today.
I had a tooth pulled on Thursday and I took the pain meds on Friday and they did not agree with me. I had an upset stomach all day Friday and was puny and sick all day.
My husband brought me ginger ale and checked on me. Today we had lunch together and took the dog out to the Botanical gardens to pay my scarecrow entry fee.
The weather was terrific and the gardens were beautiful. It was a workday for the hubs but he took the time for lunch out playing with the dog at the gardens and eating scupplings with me from the gardens. We even took time to smell the roses and pointed out the beautiful ones. There are talented groups of Master Gardeners that keep the gardens beautiful. It was a rare and nice time we spent together. I really feel weak and vulnerable sometimes about our marriage especially that we are living apart. These times that we spend together are blessings and I thank God for the goodwill and love that we genuinely feel for each other. I know that God is at work for what He wants for our marriage.

The enemy is there trying to destroy marriages every day. It entices lust and puts temptations in our lives to test us where we need to be the most faithful. When we realize there are sins or situations in our life that we feel we can’t overcome, that is when we really need to turn to God and ask to for a new heart- one that is inclined to obey.

Ezekiel 36: 26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.”

It is in seeking God that we get that new heart. It is the Holy Spirit that will accomplish his work in us. God can transform lives and situations.

You can be transformed when you find your faith in God. He can accomplish what He wants in your life. You have to abandon your will to God’s will and watch for things to change.

In my own life I get in God’s way a lot. There are times when He put things in order for me and my doubt did not allow me to trust in it completely. Loosing that doubt is a difficult thing but trust requires belief.

It is my prayer today to let go and let God handle the things in my life that I cannot control. Seek God and He will lead you in the way that you are to go.

Thank God for the beautiful day He gave us to enjoy and good health we are given.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment