Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Twenty-five

I had my first date with Jody in 1997. When I prepare for my daily devotions I have notebooks full of notes that I have taken during church or sunday school class over the years. I use them as guidelines to write my devotionals. Jody and I attended church together when we were dating and I have notes from all those years ago. Tonight as I was looking through my notes, I saw some of the notes he and I wrote to each other during sermons. He used to come to church with me because he knew that is where I would be. I hardly missed a Sunday or Wednesday.
I still find it flattering when he wants to do things I am doing, just so that he can be with me. Lately those times are rare, he likes his independence, and many times when I am with him I don’t feel like he really wants me around. I’m sure it has a lot to do with our situation. It is strange to not be living with him. I had forgotten what it was like all those years before when we were dating, seeing my notes brings back memories. He used to come in and sit by me when I did not expect him to be there and he would write me notes asking me out to lunch. Life sure is strange sometimes. I don’t understand anything anymore about relationships.
Are promises we make to each other really forever?
Am I going to be able to trust anyone again?
Am I someone that will get over this?
No.
No.
And no.
It is wrong to expect these things of a person. Forever isn’t a real time, trust can be broken, and I may never get over this. At least that is how I feel about it today. Maybe I am saying these things because I don’t understand relationships right now.

2 Corinthians 1:20
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.

God is faithful to us.
I have to count on my faith to get through this time that I don’t understand what is going on.

I know when I started this blog 25 days ago I committed to write it everyday. God wants me to do what I said I would do. My commitment to God makes me dependable, steadfast and solid in my beliefs.
I sometimes get an e-mail that reads –“ I will be handling all your problems today, I will not need your help. Have a nice day. – God”

When you are a Christian, you are in the spirit of Christ, you become God’s property, protected by him.

What a wonderful thing to know. God will be faithful. Our guarantee is that Jesus gave his life for forgiveness of our sins. God will bring blessings that no one can explain. I have faith in knowing that God already has plans for my life and he expects my uplifting prayers, my devotion and sharing the word.
Can I be as faithful as God?
Will I be that person that I don’t see in others?
Will I be the person that will keep promises?
Will I be the person that is trustworthy?
Is there someone that I need to give mercy to?
If Christ can be all these things for me, can I be the same for some one else, so that they can see Christ in me?

It is my prayer that I can become the person God wants me to be.
Dependable
Steadfast
Merciful
Faithful
Loving
Genuine
Extraordinary

May grace and peace be with you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment