Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Seven

Fall can be a very busy time for all of us. Activities and social gathering will have a lot of us meeting schedules and trying to fit in all the things we have to do and be all the places we have to be. Our prayer time could get neglected during all the busy time in our lives. I would like to encourage everyone to set a side a time and schedule daily prayer in your day.

When you pray begin each prayer uplifting and focusing on God.
John 14: 23
Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me he will obey my teaching. My father will love him and we will come to him an make our home with him.”

I attended prayer meeting at Logos Baptist Church last night. Wednesday night is prayer time. It is uplifting and supportive. One example of how we are to pray is from
1 Kings 18:36-37
At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: “O Lord, God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. Answer me, O Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, O Lord, are God and that you are turning their hearts back again.

In that prayer God was praised and lifted up foremost before the prayer. God is a mighty God. He wants your praise and worship. He likes to know your devotion.


I did a Beth Moore Bible study with her book, “Get out of that Pit”

Beth Moore said that when you pray, it is important to say something like this:
“Father, Your Son died and rose again to give me direct access to You. That means I can pray like He prayed. In His name, I thank You in advance that You always hear me. I know You are listening to me right now and that my prayers always matter.

Then proceed with your prayer.”

A relationship with God requires prayer. Please set aside some time each day to spend with Him in prayer to lift God up and grow your relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment