Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nineteen

1 Samuel 25: 14-44
The story of Abigail, one of David’s wives is a testimony of strength in a marriage. The example of Abigail was that she was wise and counseled both her husbands. Her first husband Nabal was wealthy and wicked. He was not a man that deserved his wife. Nabal took his wife for granted. Her disposition towards their servants encouraged their loyalty despite the man that her husband was.

Nabal insulted David when David sent his servants to tell Nabal he was coming. David was going to have him killed and take his land and his servants. Abigail went to David and spoke to him directly asking forgiveness for her husband’s foolishness. She knew how to see the whole picture instead of just looking at her current crisis. David granted mercy to Nabal. It was God that struck Nabal dead. David became Abigail's second husband.

Sometimes it is hard to see the big picture of what God has planned for our lives. We do the best we can and ask God to help us were we are weak.

Abigail promoted peace. In our own lives it is easy to get involved in gossip and the passions of other people, but it is best to consider your own position and stand up for what is right and will promote peace.
Our loyalties can sometimes make us blind. It would be best to see the big picture and be sensible without heated emotions. Are you someone that is slow to anger? Are you someone that will not listen to other’s views? Are you someone that will express your own views?

The question I have on my heart today my marriage. I hope it is in God’s control. I feel very vulnerable and I feel really cautious in my relationships. I used to say exactly what I was feeling, but lately, I am reserved. I want to say a lot more than I do, but I think it is best for me to just step back and pray for the persons that I am hurt by, to allow God to guide their actions and I will have to be accepting of whatever happens. It is my hope that my peace with the situation is a peace from the Lord that things will turn out like they should. It is a surrender. A surrender of the situation to God.

People ask me all the time about the status of my situation. All I can say is that it is in God’s hands. That doesn’t mean that I quit, it means I release my will about the situation, and allow God to be here, right now, and tomorrow and the day after until it is what God wants for us.

Living alone is something I haven’t done in a long, long time, Life is different when you have no one else to consider. This daily bible study allows me to focus my thoughts on something else than my own situation. Life is very different for me than it was six months ago.


There are many of us going through life changes, I hope that if you are in a situation that puts you out of your comfort zone, I pray that you will also allow room for God to get involved. God knows our hearts and knows what is in our best interest even though we do not understand the actions of other people, or even our own actions at times.

Psalm 40: 1-3
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.


What do you need to hand over to God that is not in your control?

May patience and peace be with you from God our Father as you wait on Him to give you an answer to your own unique situation.

Pray, pray, pray, and on the days you don't feel you need to be praying, those are the days you will need to pray the most. You need to be present if you want God to be present too.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment