Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Twenty-six

1 Peter 5:6-11
"6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."


Tonight I went to church and Wednesday night is devoted to prayer. I do a lot of praying and I try to pray with devotion and praise and remember to include God in my prayers. During the prayer time the congregation is asked to give an individual testimony about praise for what God did for you in the past week. Not everyone shared a testimony and the pastor said it spoke magnitudes that not everyone had an experience with God and wanted to share it. It made me think of the things I experienced with God this week. I experienced love, security living on my own, and concern for people I don’t even know. I experienced God in my prayer time, He did not perform a miracle but I did feel his presence.

I expect to feel God’s presence during my daily bible study. I like to think that he directs my devotions and helps me gather my thoughts. If He didn’t, I shouldn’t be doing these daily devotionals. I am working on my relationship with God. I read the verse above tonight and I am full of hope about getting through this separation from my husband and either way be ok with the end result. That is a difficult thing to do, but it is a test of my faith.

At the end of the prayer service we were asked to ask God to put one care- one prayer to God, and have an expectation of Christ to work it out by committing it to prayer each day so that we could come back next week and give a testimony of what God did to answer that prayer.

I’m not going to share my prayer here. I’m going to commit it to prayer and next Wednesday I will share it. I will tell you that it is not an easy prayer to pray but I think it is time I start praying for this person, this one prayer in particular.

I believe in the power of prayer and that God has his divine hand on the things we pray about, sometimes we do not get the desires of our heart, but it is always in our best interest. We do have this one life to live and we are supposed to live it to the fullest. We are only passing through on our way to Heaven.

What one thing do you need to commit to prayer?

Grace and Peace be with you from God our father.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment