Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Twenty-Seven

In these daily devotionals writing about myself is hard. I think of myself as a guarded person but that is one of the things I would like to change about myself. I tend to keep things to myself, largely my emotions. I want to be more open, honest and expressive in not just these devotionals but in my everyday life.
I know that when I shut people out, they shut me out too. I wrote a devotional the other day expressing that I would like to have characteristics that God wants me to have.

Dependable
Steadfast
Merciful
Faithful
Loving
Genuine
Extraordinary

When you get serious about God, the Devil takes notice. Monday I completely forgot to take my daughter to dance. I did not have one thought about it until about 9 PM then it was too late.
Dependable? Gotta work on that!
She did go to dance. She doesn’t live with me, so neither of us communicated and so I think the devil was at work and didn’t even give her the urge to call me to say, Hey where are you?
I felt so bad I sent a text apologizing and she forgave me. I want to be someone dependable, especially for my daughter.
Am I steadfast?
I have no schedule so I live in the moment. Steadfast is something I need to work on.
Am I merciful?
I am quick to anger and that makes me have to apologize sometimes and I realize that make me at the other person’s mercy. Merciful is something I need to work on.
Am I faithful?
I would like to think that I am. I am worthy of trust, loyal, and devoted. I am proving this to God by writing this daily devotional.
Am I loving?
I have been hurt so I am a little reserved when it comes to being loving. I have to work on it.
Am I genuine?
I am. What you see in my actions and personality are genuine. I am myself.
Am I extraordinary?
I think I will be with God and with God’s direction.
I could say that about all these characteristics. Some of these characteristics come naturally, some are and will always be a work in progress.

Psalm 37:23-24
23 If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;
24 though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment