Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Friday, February 5, 2010

One hundred forty-one

Hebrews 6: 18-19
“We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It’s an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God.”

I have a habit of hanging on to things. I will hang on to clothes like a pack rat. I will hang on to shoes like they are treasures and still only wear one or two on a daily basis. I admit sometimes I will even hang on to a single sock that makes it out of the wash without it’s mate. I must think that sock will just find it’s way back through another load of laundry and they will be a match once again. I’ll I’m doing is collecting clutter.
I realize that I do this with a lot of things. I hold on. I have hope. Optimist? Well, maybe hoarder would be more appropriate. I am learning to take notice of situations that are out of my control and step out, knowing that God is the one in control. I have a lot of thoughts of relationships that I hold on to.

My husband told me that one word that I need to learn how to say is, “NO.” He never had a problem saying it. I heard it often enough.

With my praying hands I reach out to God, and cling to his promise that all of this is temporary. I won’t make it out alive, but I will be alive in eternity. I worship Jesus Christ my lord and savior. To God be the Glory, honor and praise.

God is good all the time. Today I am blessed.

Grace and blessing to you too from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment