Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

One hundred fifty-four

“There are many rooms in my Father’s house;… I am going there to prepare a place for you.”
John 14:2


God has a place for each of us in his kingdom. Everyone is welcome there.

Last night I went to dinner at a friend’s house. She made a wonderful dinner. She prepared for me to come over and once I got there I didn’t have to do anything but show up.

I knew I would be late because I needed to pay a bill. I called my friend and told her my circumstance. I did feel bad about being tardy for the party, but just before I finished paying my bill, my daughter called me needing gas money for her car. I was available for my daughter to meet me. I was late for dinner, but instead of feeling frantic, I relaxed and knew I was right where I needed to be. I have faith that God’s timing is perfect.

When I arrived, everyone else had went ahead without me, but they already had a place set for me, I was able to make myself at home. There is great comfort in being in the company of our friends and family. God blessed the evening and we had a great time.

I hope that when I go to God’s home it will be the same feeling of acceptance. God will already know where I’ve been, and be happy that I made it. I want to be seated with Him at His table, welcome in his home. I will know that He already prepared a place for me.

I am experiencing God in the simplest things, like dinner with my friends, and being late. I am noticing these blessing. I have to give God praise for it ALL.

I love my friends and I am blessed to have Christian friends.

I hope that God walks with you today.

Peace and mercy to you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment