Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Monday, February 15, 2010

One hundred forty-eight

I didn't post yesterday for St. Valentine's Day.
I joked with my friends that it was "Single's Awareness Day!"

I did get up and worshiped (even made it to sunday school) at Logos Baptist Church. Starting my day in worship and singing lifted my spirits and got me through a day I thought would be the pits. I started my day feeling love and shared some love and spent the day with my loved ones. We even traded valentines. I got the most beautiful touching heartfelt cards, the traditional heart shaped box of chocolates,jewelry, and even a stuffed bear. It was a completely mushy day. I had a renewed sense of how strong love is, and how love can grow. I really had a blessed day.

I know this month repeatedly 1 Corinthians 13 has been ever present.
And so this day after the "love" day I will share with you my hope that I got from this verse...

"So these three things continue forever: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13


I know the love of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love that God gives through mercy, and I was very blessed.

Loving others like we want to be loved has wonderful rewards.

"It doesn't take great wisdom to energize a person, but it does take sixty seconds. That's the amount of time it takes to walk over and gently hold someone we love." - Gary Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment