Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

One hundred fifty-one

Psalm 27: 14
“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”


This verse was discussed last night at Logos Baptist Church and Pastor Anderson read the story of Joseph. Joseph lived an extraordinary life. Sold into slavery at the age of 17, Jailed for being accused of something he was innocent of, and then lived and worked for the king and was able to provide for his family during the famine.
God was with Joseph all the days of his life.
I would like to know that God is sitting here with me right now, while I am writing this. I would like to know he is with me always. I think part of knowing God is with you, is acknowledging God is there.
A few days ago I said I could be co- dependent on God, and question every decision I have to make with God, right down to a silly thing like choosing which hair conditioner to use when I wash my hair. Kinda insane if you think about it, God might not care about my hair conditioner, there are people in the world that don’t have hair conditioner. That’s not my point, my point is that, I acknowledge God in everything I do.
I also question my actions- Would it be pleasing to God?
Yesterday was the start of the Catholic holiday, Lent as they prepare for Easter. To honor Jesus Christ some will fast these 40 days others will sacrifice something. Since my mother is Catholic I sometimes participate in Lent. I will fast during these 40 days for seven days, and I did decide to give up one thing that I love- chocolate. I eat chocolate everyday, but now for the next 40 days each time I am tempted to eat chocolate, I will think of the cross, and my Lord Jesus Christ that gave the ultimate sacrifice for my sins to be forgiven. If you celebrate Lent or not, 40 days can be life changing. Give 40 days to God and see what can happen.
Maybe you can start a 40 day devotional (like this one similar to the name of my blog – www.d365.org/journeytothecross/ ) If you go to the site- press next for more stories. 
Here is their devotional: It goes along with what I started this morning about making God choices.

“ The ability - and the responsibility - to choose is a part of what makes us human. The way we make those choices, and the values we use in our decisions, reflect the influence our faith has in guiding us.
Consider now the values that guide and direct you; think about the call of God to follow. How is God shaping you as you walk the path of faith? “

God is good all the time. His timing is perfect. A lot is going on in my life I do not understand, but I am willing to be patient on God.

Grace and mercy to you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment