Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

One hundred forty-nine

“May the Lord bless and protect you; may the Lord’s face radiate with joy because of you; may he be gracious to you, show you his favor, and give you peace.”
Numbers 6:24-26

I woke up early this morning – early like 3:30 AM early -wide awake. I’m adjusting and feeling a little uncomfortable. I am a completely emotional person. I don’t always show my emotions, but there are a lot of insecurities from being alone. I do have the habit of praying when I wake, and this morning at 3:30 it was no different. Every day these verses speak to me about how God is at work.

God is the giver of peace, blessings and protection. I know God is still working on the joy part- not only the giver of joy – but he is working on putting me in a place that will bring him joy.

Each day I seek God for guidance and His will for where he wants me to be. I don’t want to be impulsive, I truly want to know God’s will. I think sometimes I can be led by my impulses and my emotions. I know I am to take everything to God. I really could become co-dependent on God. Here are ten questions I could ask God this morning:
1. Should I wear a sweater or a button-down shirt?  Button-down
2. Which hair conditioner would be suitable this morning (I have 5 choices)? the one in the pink bottle
3. Heavy make-up or light make-up? light
4. Should I call someone before 7 because I was thinking about them? no
5. Breakfast at home or on the run? On the run
6. Should I get a hair cut this afternoon and if so, how short? still waiting for the answer
7. If I run today should I run before sundown or after? no running today.
8. I have a writers meeting should I write something new or bring something old? something new
9. I lost a list, should I ask for help to get a copy of it or should I find another resource for my information? ask for help
10. What can I do for you today, Lord? still wating for the answer

Maybe my last question should have been my first. I do live in a “Me, me, me “ world because I live by myself. (which is completely opposite of my personality- I am usually a "YOU" kind of person that puts everyone else before me) Maybe living alone will change soon and God will provide a way for me to be able to afford a two bedroom place so Loren can move in, and it be the perfect place. See, I can be completely co-dependent… Trusting in God for all my needs.

Grace and peace to you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment