“May the Lord bless and protect you; may the Lord’s face radiate with joy because of you; may he be gracious to you, show you his favor, and give you peace.”
I woke up early this morning – early like 3:30 AM early -wide awake. I’m adjusting and feeling a little uncomfortable. I am a completely emotional person. I don’t always show my emotions, but there are a lot of insecurities from being alone. I do have the habit of praying when I wake, and this morning at 3:30 it was no different. Every day these verses speak to me about how God is at work.
God is the giver of peace, blessings and protection. I know God is still working on the joy part- not only the giver of joy – but he is working on putting me in a place that will bring him joy.
Each day I seek God for guidance and His will for where he wants me to be. I don’t want to be impulsive, I truly want to know God’s will. I think sometimes I can be led by my impulses and my emotions. I know I am to take everything to God. I really could become co-dependent on God. Here are ten questions I could ask God this morning:
1. Should I wear a sweater or a button-down shirt? Button-down
2. Which hair conditioner would be suitable this morning (I have 5 choices)? the one in the pink bottle
3. Heavy make-up or light make-up? light
4. Should I call someone before 7 because I was thinking about them? no
5. Breakfast at home or on the run? On the run
6. Should I get a hair cut this afternoon and if so, how short? still waiting for the answer
7. If I run today should I run before sundown or after? no running today.
8. I have a writers meeting should I write something new or bring something old? something new
9. I lost a list, should I ask for help to get a copy of it or should I find another resource for my information? ask for help
10. What can I do for you today, Lord? still wating for the answer
Maybe my last question should have been my first. I do live in a “Me, me, me “ world because I live by myself. (which is completely opposite of my personality- I am usually a "YOU" kind of person that puts everyone else before me) Maybe living alone will change soon and God will provide a way for me to be able to afford a two bedroom place so Loren can move in, and it be the perfect place. See, I can be completely co-dependent… Trusting in God for all my needs.
Grace and peace to you from God our father.