Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Friday, January 15, 2010

One hundred twenty-five

Thanking God for hot oatmeal for breakfast! Today it is especially delicious. It might even be extraordinary! I think I added just the right amount of water to make it creamy this morning. Some mornings I don’t add enough water and it is a little thick and dry. Today I made good oatmeal.

I have a habit of not really measuring when I cook so food can always turn out any old way when I cook something. The other night baby girl wanted some ice cream after dance, so instead of going out for a meal, we stopped in the grocery store. I was hungry and I was going to pick some vegetable to eat from the produce aisle. I saw the perfect thing- spaghetti squash. Baby girl hasn’t eaten my cooking in a while and when I said I was cooking it, her mouth watered. It was late so I couldn't bring her home with me, cook it, eat, and get her home at a decent time.


Many of you may not be familiar with the spaghetti squash. It is a football sized yellow squash. To cook it you cut it in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds (it looks like a pumpkin inside) lay the half in a glass dish with about an inch of water and microwave the half for 15 min on high. I have a small microwave so I only do half at a time- to cook both halves you could bake them in the same way but bake for aprox. 45 min. at about 350 degrees. When it is cooked you turn the half up and scrape the inside with a fork and the squash comes apart in strands like spaghetti. I then layer the spaghetti squash, cooked hamburger meat seasoned with onions and salt and pepper, and a layer of shredded cheddar cheese. Bake or microwave until the cheese is melted. – Yummy!


I took baby girl home with thoughts of that yummy-ness in her mind. I told her I would bring her some, but she couldn’t wait. Then next day she got her step mother to buy one, she prepared it like I described. I know she was proud to have some of her momma’s cooking even if I didn’t exactly make it. Food does bring us comfort and togetherness when we are apart from our loved ones. I too, make some of my mother’s dishes when I miss her.


This really doesn’t have anything to do with today’s verse but maybe you will think of some comfort food you love and share it with someone you love.

Tomorrow I am going with my girlfriends to eat some Korean food. My friend Kim was in the army and enjoys foods she ate stationed overseas. She wants to share her comfort food with us. We are going to try some new flavors, fellowship and have a good time. Next week I plan to have Thai food for lunch with my friend Stacie. I used to cook for her too, but it has been a while; we take advantage of those Thai cooks and fellowship while we eat. I am blessed to have wonderful friends.

Philemon 7
“I have great joy and comfort, my brother, because the love you have shown to God’s people has refreshed them.”

I love you, even if I don’t know you. God loves you, and He does know you. I hope you will give God thanks for your next meal and if you don’t know Him, seek Him.

Grace, mercy and love from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment