Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

One hundred eighteen

1 Peter 1:6
“In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.”

Some things are going to happen and you can’t change it. We can do all we can sometimes, like trying your best to stay young, eating the right foods,applying chemicals, or having surgery. None of that stops the clock. I do believe in taking care of our bodies the best we can to preserve what God has given us. I like my skin lotion; I apply it to my face every daybefore I go to sleep. But there is nothing I can do about getting older.

My thought for today and my trials, is that I hope that I will mature enough to be able to make a joke of the things that are now breaking my heart. Like holding my wrinkles at bay, one day I’m going to get those, there is no way around it, but later I won’t hate them, I’ll accept them and still know I am beautiful.

My teenage daughter is struggling with acne. Her breakouts are bad sometimes, but thankfully I can encourage her and tell her to take care of her skin the best she can and later she will pass this stage of her life, it won’t last forever, but right now she needs to take care of her skin the best she can. To a teenager breakouts can ruin a whole week.

I know as adults instead of financial stress, relationship troubles or trials we would welcome our biggest trial being a pimple, or a wrinkle.

Today’s verse is God’s word offering encouragement. We are able to get through these trials and soon we will rejoice.

All of us can use a little encouragement when things are happening that we have no control over. I want God to help me accept the things I can’t change. Amen.

Grace and mercy to you from God the father.

No comments:

Post a Comment