Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

One hundred thirty- three

My brother-in- law, Mark Foster, was in a motorcycle accident yesterday while on duty. Prayers for healing of his injuries for a speedy and full recovery.

Thanks to God that his injuries were not critical.




At times when I feel like I am having a difficult time in my love life, that is when it seems like every verse I turn to during my bible study has the same theme- love.

1 Corinthians 13 has been evident all week in my studies and on Christian radio these were one of the selected daily bible verses.

“Love… bears all things, believes all things.”

All things. All leaves nothing out. I know I love like that, but I think the only person I have had this love with is with my family. I know I love like that.  God has the same love for us. NOTHING IS HIDDEN FROM GOD. God sees our good days and our bad days along with all our failings.

Love is not like shopping where you make selections of all good things, smiles, good health and good moods. That sounds like ideal love for anyone. When you are shopping you don’t make selections that would be bad or not right for you. You don’t buy dog food when you don’t have a dog. You don’t make selections not right for you. Love isn’t a shopping trip.
Love wouldn’t be love if it only exists when things are easy or only there when it reflects our own needs. It is when times are difficult that love is needed most. Love is needed when there is chaos. Love is needed when there is pain. Love is needed ALL the time. Love doesn’t happen only when things are easy. What if God only gave love when things were easy?

That makes me think of the quote, “Love isn’t love until you give it away.” - unknown

I know that when things are the most difficult, God shows his love by offering encouragement from friends and sometimes even strangers. It is during the difficult times that I experience the strongest love. Love is powerful.

I am thankful to God for the love I have experienced from Him ALL the time. Trials do come, times are difficult, chaos happens, but when love is present, everything changes.

I love you even if I don’t know you. God wants you to know he feels the same way. God loves us even if you don’t know him, but you can. If God could speak to you right now if you don’t know him, he might say, “I find YOU very interesting, attractive and exciting, Let’s be friends. I love you.” I know God would say that to you if you are covered from head to toe with chicken pox, suffered from burns, or have a life challenge that makes you unique. God’s love for you is no different, because every human is different.

Could you love God in the same way?
 Can you say, “Jesus, I find you very interesting, attractive and exciting. Let’s be friends. I love you.”

May God show you his love today and you feel it without a doubt.

Love, hope and joy to you from God our father.

Other verses from Corinthians tha reminds us of God's love- 2 Corinthians 4

"8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 9 We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 10 Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.

11 Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies. 12 So we live in the face of death, but this has resulted in eternal life for you.

13 But we continue to preach because we have the same kind of faith the psalmist had when he said, “I believed in God, so I spoke.” 14 We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself together with you. 15 All of this is for your benefit. And as God’s grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory.

16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever."

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment