Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Monday, January 25, 2010

One hundred thirty-four

2 Thessalonians 2:16

“May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our father encourage you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say.”


I needed to hear this verse today. I listen to people complain a lot during the day and I think as I listen, “Please Lord, don’t let me sound that bitter when I speak.”
I think sometimes it is best when someone is able to say an encouraging word instead of supporting another’s bad attitude.

Today my heart hurt for some of my friends that have experienced a loss. It is my prayer God will be with all of us during these dark days.
I saw a painting once and it was a simple painting of two stick candles lit side by side. The woman that owned the painting commented that she and her husband bought the painting because they saw themselves as the two candles. Two people- illuminating a room burning at the same pace. It might have been said differently but seeing the photo and hearing what she said, was beautiful.

Lighting candles have always been a part of worship- Advent candles, unity candles at weddings, and others I can’t think of now. I wonder if I could have the same relationship with God? God said, “I am the light of the world.” And he represents one of the two candles, and I represent the other.

Dear Lord, bring us all good things in our actions and our words.

I am thankful that tomorrow, I will have another chance to be filled with the Holy Spirit and be in the presence of the Lord.


Grace and mercy to you from God the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment