Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

One hundred four

Romans 5:15-17


15But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one
man, Jesus Christ.

Yesterday I went out in the rain and did some Christmas shopping. It was a rainy wet day. I shopped more because of obligation than with joy, because money is tight this year. I admit it is easier to give when you have plenty.

I went over to my mother-in-laws yesterday to help her decorate her tree. She has a home based sewing business. She decorates her tree as her showpiece each year. I help her with making bows for the tree, and decorating. Last year she said she wanted something different and while I was out shopping, I had seen trendy decorated trees and she allowed me to buy the decorations. Usually we draw names at thanksgiving and the name we draw is who we get a gift for. This year she said her tree would not have gifts under it; we are not exchanging gifts. Times are tight for everyone. We forget that the gifts don’t matter, it is the fellowship and getting together with family that makes the season special. My helping her with her tree every year is my gift to her.

This Christmas keep Jesus in your celebrations. Jesus birth is the greatest gift ever given, by the greatest gift giver of all, our wonderful God and father.

No comments:

Post a Comment