Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Ninety-eight

Question asked of me is what ways does Christ want to use me to touch the world?
That is not a question I can answer. I am making it God’s choice in how he wants to use my life. I think of my hopes and what God will reveal what he wants for me.

My thoughts for Advent today are of Mary. I think of how God chose her and how it was all divine. From choosing a virgin mother to the nine months that the baby grew inside of her. I am thinking we are the same being God’s children. When we are in God’s will (womb) He fills us with the Holy Spirit and our faith grows and it shows in our speech, in our actions, and in our decisions.

I watched my daughter at dance tonight. I see myself in her. I see how she moves and how she smiles and how she has a bit of shyness but doesn’t hold back when it comes to her stubbornness. My friends say that they see me when they see her, and they can’t deny that she is my child, even her father can not distinguish the difference in our voices on the phone.

To be like JESUS is a big task. But like my daughter, she has no choice to be so much like me. It is not only her DNA but also in all the years we spent every moment together. I feel that when God takes our lives in his will, we begin to reflect his characteristics. We have forgiveness, compassion, empathy, love, and concern for others, when we are growing in Christ, it’s natural that others start to see the resemblance of God in our lives.

1 Col. 1:27
“Christ in you, the hope of glory.”

Grace and Peace to you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment