Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

One hundred five

Each day I have thoughts of God and of Jesus.

Today I am wondering what He is thinking about me.

John the Baptist said of Jesus Christ-
He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.”
-John 3:30

“When God intends to make something wonderful he begins with a difficulty. When he intends to make something very wonderful , he begins with an impossibility.” – Former Archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Coggan

Each day I ask God to tell me what to write about in these devotionals. I have a whole bible for Him to reach into and make some words speak to my heart. I write those verses down and study then write the devotional. I am writing this blog purely out of my devotion to God. Each day I spend some time with God throughout the day listening to Christian radio and sermons, but lately you can notice by the time most of my posts happen, they are written at the very end of my day.

I wanted to change that this week. I tried to plan to write first thing in the morning and change my routine. I set the alarm yesterday, when it went off I turned it off said a quick prayer and went back to sleep. I didn’t write the devotional and I had all day yesterday, again I worried over things I should not have and when I got around to my devotional the weather was so bad that I was not able to post. I wrote it, and could have posted it first thing this morning, but honestly I overslept again this morning. Gettin up early is difficult for me.

When God is at work in our lives He is searching us and revealing things that He wants to change about us. I know that God doesn’t mind me having Him in my last thoughts of the day, but instead of reporting each day about how God is at work in my life, He would rather have a talk with me in the morning and increase my faith in what He wants to show me in my day. I start my day with a prayer, giving my day to God and I see changes, but I feel like He wants to give me something to start my day to face all that I have to face.

What if God started each of my days saying, “Be where I assign you, when I assign you. There are new connections coming into your path this week. You will begin to experience life in a way that you’ve not known in the past. So be where you are to be, when you are to be there, and watch me work on your behalf.” Chuck D Pierce, Stay connected to God.
 

Today I felt God saying to me not to put this devotional and Him last in my day. This week I will discipline myself to wake by the alarm early, study and write this devotional fresh each morning. Can I believe that He will take this ordinary life, nothing special life and make it extraordinary?

Ephesians 3:20-21
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more that all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

Yes, I do believe He can take an ordinary life, and make it extraordinary.
I am in prayer that everyone that reads this will experience a miracle of God in their life. I pray they will experience the miracle of the life of one man, Jesus Christ and the salvation He offers for each of us.

Grace and peace to you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment