Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Monday, March 1, 2010

One hundred sixty

"Keep on working to complete your salvation with fear and trembling, because God is working in you to help you want to be and be able to do what pleases him."
Philippians 2:12-13

Maybe you noticed I didn’t post yesterday. I lack discipline. I admit discipline is a weak area for me. I admire structure and order, but I work well in chaos. I am not going around creating chaos, I just deal with it well. I didn’t have chaos in my life yesterday, that’s not why I didn’t post- it is sheer lack of discipline.
My friends invited me to join them in running a 5K in April. I’m not in shape. I have not been disciplined to conditioning my body. I need to get serious about it. I have encouraging friends. They offer advice about dieting and training routines. But all that doesn’t do me any good if I don’t do any of it.

This poem was on a poster I saw yesterday:

Watch your thoughts:
They become your words.

Watch your words:
They become your actions.

Watch your actions:
They become your habits.

Watch your habits:
They become your character.

Watch your character:
It becomes your destiny.
- Frank Outlaw

I’m glad that God is still at work in my life and I’m still working on my relationship with God. I might miss a day posting in my 365 day journey… so it will be longer than 365 respectively. My postings are consecutive numbers, but even the days there is not a post, I am still with God. Like in the poem, I want my character to show and my destiny to be with God. 

Everyday discipline that I am lacking, requires discipline to achieve. I plan to include God in my training for the 5K and I know that with God all things are possible.

Paul wanted one point to stand out in Philipians- and that was that we are to pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended on you.  That is one big goal to accomplish.  And the question is asked, what is it that God is depending on me for? 

Frog in a Milk-Pail Fable
A frog was hopping around a farmyard, when it decided to investigate the barn. Being somewhat careless, and maybe a little too curious, he ended up falling into a pail half-filled with fresh milk.
As he swam about attempting to reach the top of the pail, he found that the sides of the pail were too high and steep to reach.
He tried to stretch his back legs to push off the bottom of the pail but found it too deep.
But this frog was determined not to give up, and he continued to struggle.
He kicked and squirmed and kicked and squirmed, until at last, all his churning about in the milk had turned the milk into a big hunk of butter.
The butter was now solid enough for him to climb onto and get out of the pail!

"Never Give Up!"


I'm still posting to this blog,  to God be all the glory, if it was not for His words prompting each post, I wouldn't be able to post each day.  I know I am not where God wants me to be in my disipline, but I am a work in progress. God will reveal what he wants for me.

May God be at work in your life today.  I don't know a single one of us that couldn't use a prayer, that little talk with God that will get us through today.  Pray, God is always listening. 

Peace and mercy to you from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment