Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

One hundred sixty-five

“Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with Thanksgiving.”
Colossians 4:2

I admitted the other day that I didn’t put my emotions to prayer. I am distracted today. My distraction is actually worry. I know I am not supposed to worry. I know I am supposed to have faith. I’ve been praying about a situation and it is the cause of my worry. I admit that this is overtaking all of my thoughts. I should be in prayer.
As Christians we are urged to “pray without ceasing.” 1 Thes. 5:17
“Always be prayerful.” Romans 12:12
“pray at all times and on every occasion.” Eph. 6:18

As you know I am already in constant prayer observing Lent- no chocolate until Easter, now I have this new distraction and my mind is in constant thought about the situation.

I was told that I have to change the way I think of prayer. It is not just a motion I go through, kneeling, folding of hands, and bowing of my head and saying words of worship, praise and thanksgiving; no I am to do more than the act of praying, it is a constant awareness that God is present. I am to be more aware of God.

I know I have to also work on being constantly thankful. Even now I can be thankful for the presence of God with me while I write this. Even in my everyday tasks I need to put in practice being in worship with God. Tomorrow I plan to say throughout my day, “your presence my King, My Lord, is welcome” as I go about my everyday tasks.

I pray that God be present with me tomorrow. I hope that He will give me peace about the things I am worried about. I know that God is the only one I can count on to handle my situation.

I am in prayer about my friends finding jobs and that God will be present in their lives also.

Mercy and peace to all of us from God our father.

No comments:

Post a Comment