Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One hundred sixty-one

Spontaneous waterworks happen when you are grieving. I a big cry baby.  I cry very easily in my fragile state.  Everyone suggests that time will make a difference in how we feel about the loss or the uncertain feeling of the circumstance we don’t have any control over. Time and patience is not something many of us feel like we have. I feel that God forces us to have time and patience when we feel like we have it the least.

I got an e-mail today with pictures of poverty from people that struggled during the depression and the dust bowl. The places they had to live in were similar to the conditions in Hati with housing being very little more than a shack made of scraps of materials; lucky to have a roof over their head. Times in America have been worse than they are now.

I really hate that there are so many people faced with unemployment. I am thankful for my job and what I am able to afford. I have some worries about finances and I sometimes forget that God is the one that is providing for all my needs. I’m sure we are all guilty of that.

I am praying that God will meet needs and be evident in lives where He is needed the most.

“The Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.” - Deuteronomy 16:15

There is hope that this grief will end and we will be able to not feel the pain so much. I’m giving God time to do what He needs to accomplish and let God be God.

When we let God be God we open ourselves up to something extraordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment