Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Monday, March 15, 2010

One hundred sixty-seven

I am feeling sad.  Two of my friends have lost close family members this past week. 
One of my co-workers lost her mother, and one of my girlfriends lost her sister. 

I used to work in a funeral home.  I have been in the presense of families when they are making the final arrangements for their loved ones.  When someone is exposed to that kind of grief on a daily basis, they have to separate themselves from the emotions.  For me, I had to be compassionate and stay on track and get the family past their differnces to deal with the difficult task they are faced with.  I had to understand that families greif at the time was not my own. 
Lately I have been  very sensitive to others emotions.
I'm being more and more open with my own emotions and since I have been observing Lent, I have Jesus final days on my mind a lot.  I  feel empathy for the Lord Jesus Christ and his final days.  I think of the disciples and how Jesus told them how to prepare for his death. 

"The Son of Man will die, just as the scriptures say."
Matthew 26:24

No one could see at the time, what God's ultiimate plan was.  Accused, left alone, nailed on a cross and left to die, Jesus  lived his ministry for three years, all his wonderous works compressed into those few years... Extraordinary. 
Then it ended in such an extreme way that Friday on Calvary. 
What would have happened if Jesus had 10 years on this earth? Twenty years?

God's greatest blessings often come disguised as disasters. 

You may be in your own private grief.  I am grieving also. 
I am in constant prayer.  Constant prayer. 

Remember the death of Jesus Christ and the love he had for all of us . He lived his life as such  an example of love and mercy. 

Dear Lord Jesus, you could not carry your own cross, and I am feeling like I can't carry my cross without you, Please Lord send your help and peace.  Thank you for your death and forgiveness of my sin.  I give you all the glory, honor and praise for the future you have planned for me.  I need you.  I can't do this alone. 

Thank you, Jesus.  I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment