Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

God's Will week Fourteen




The Crazy Love chapter 2 is about being prepared for death.
Not in a – do you have a will, or a life insurance policy, but in a
Do you know the Lord? Kind of way.

Women are usually better at relationships than men. Women know the who, what, when, where about a person within a few minutes. Men usually know the right there and then instances. Men associate their friends with activities. Women associate their friends with emotional bonds.
We usually end friendships for the same reasons. Women loose an emotional bond and no longer continue a relationship. Men loose interest in an activity and form new friendships with new activities.
That’s just the way men and women work. It’s a wonder that we ever have male/ female relationships at all.

Where does God fit in? How do we form a relationship with Him?

In previous months I did the study of God’s Will and know that there is no part of my life that God shouldn’t be a part of. This past week, our group leader told us to read our bible. There is no other way to know God, except by reading the bible. He suggested we set aside a designated time each day to spend with God.

I had said that we all belong to God, and when He knows we are straying, something happens that brings us back to Him. For myself, I realize the value of life in every breath I take. I have asthma. I am able to control it, but there are times it controls me. I have been sick this week and congestion in my lungs makes my asthma evident and I am at the mercy of the medications working. My lungs tighten when I’m having an asthma attack and sometimes I have to choose between talking and breathing. I know to calm down and concentrate only on breathing until the medications kick in. I know to travel with my medication. If ever I am without my medication or medical attention, there is the possibility that I could die.

Some of us are not comfortable talking about death or dying. We do not get to know the moment we die ahead of time, to make preparations or to prevent it from happening. There is an urgency to know God, and reading the bible can be a chore, but that makes it no less important. Establishing a relationship with God takes time and effort. Without God, like being without my medication during an asthma attack, there is death.

I choose life. I choose God.

Hebrews 6:18-19
We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It’s an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment