Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

God's Will week Eleven

"Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."

-- Muhammad Ali


Today I was reading Parabloa magazine and the theme of the magazine this issue is “Seeing.” I like reading the magazine because of the different spirituality perspectives of the topic.

In Bolivia people celebrate the traditional Alasitas fair, where everything you could possibly wish for is sold in miniature. The belief in Bolivia is that any miniatures you pin on the Ekkekko's poncho will be conceded to you during the coming year.

The Ekkekko is the god of abundance. At Alasitas you can find miniature handmade cars, houses, tools, food items, clothing, university degrees, jewelry, babies, money, suitcases and airline tickets, and even passports and visas. People purchase miniatures of what they wish for this year, pin them on his cloak, and pray for wishes to come true. I do not worship or believe in the power of Ekkekko.

I wish for a symbol I could use to see “God’s will” I know God’s will is not a tangible thing. I cant touch it, feel it or place it in front of me everyday like a knick nack that I can look at. All I can do is surrender to what God has for me and have patience about His timing.

Mark 14: 35-36
35 Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. 36 “Abba,[a] Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

Surrender was hard, even for Jesus.  Ultimately he could not escape his fate.  He placed his trust in the Lord. God's plan is greater than our immediate situation.  I need to trust in God in all areas of my life, even now when I have financial trials and struggles emotionally and physically.  I admit sometimes I have no idea what I'm doing.  Some days I feel like I don't do anything right. 
It is a daily walk with God that will get me through this valley before I make it to the summit of this large mountain that is blocking the sunshine from my life right now, but my trust in God will carry me through this time. 

"the will must be stronger than the skill."


Be in prayer for surrender.  May God bless you today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment