Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

God's Will week Ten

Is my vision for my life the same as God's? 
Last week I didn’t have a verse to go along with my seeking God’s will post. It is easy to find a verse to support your point of view, but at times it can be a dangerous practice. I put my thoughts here, and that’s all they are- my thoughts.

As I am experiencing God, I am to remind myself that God and I are in a relationship. Relationships take work. I want God to tell me His thoughts, that’s the whole reason I want to know God’s will for my life. God does not see as man sees. God doesn’t see me as I see me. God doesn’t see you as you see you. My bible study this week is about God giving me a vision about what my life should be. A vision is a personal burden that grows into a mental picture of the way things could be one day. I feel like God is going to hold me accountable once He tells me what His will is. I don’t feel like I am prepared. I think about what God’s will might be and I know He knows I am not ready. Am I able? Am I capable? What are my abilities? What is my pattern before this day in how I handle with commitments? I admit pretty lousy, I would give up and just quit.

What is my motivation to have this relationship with God? I know that God has a plan for my life, and I need to become the person that God wants to use.

I am paying attention to how I conduct myself in public. Last weekend I went out to a bar with my friends to celebrate a birthday. There was a live band and a nice crowd. Before I left the house, I considered my behavior, In the past I was the good time girl, I would drink socially to keep up with my friends and let the night happen and have as much fun as possible. I have danced and sang and drank right along with everyone else.

God has been making changes in my life and I have different perspective than I used to. I used to like having a guy come up to me and talk to me and ask me to dance. Now, I percieve situations differently. I was at the bar and I was approached by a guy I knew and he asked me to dance and he put his arms around me, but something about him made me feel uncomfortable. I told him this and my friends helped me get away from him. The old me would’ve chatted with him, danced with him, and had a fun evening. The new me, thought ,do I want to lead this guy on and let him think we could have a fun time together?

The change in me makes me consider my companions and how they reflect to others about who I am. I only knew the guy casually from attending the same fundraisers and I knew very little about him, other than his name. He was attractive, he was within my height requirements, he had a nice smile, and the old me might have found his attention flattering and just went with it. The new me had a thought process, I felt a warning sign.

I’m glad I listened and paid attention to how my behavior reflected my character, I had my reserves about him. Monday morning, I talked to some of my friends about him, and I found out he is married. He did not disclose this to me, nor did he have on a wedding ring. I could have easily been a scandal.

My heart can reflect God’s true desires for my life. My own heart could also decieve me in my own selfishness and sin. I want to know God’s vision for my life.

Proverbs 29:18
When there is no vision, the people perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment