Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Monday, June 6, 2011

God's Will Week three

Last week I wrote about character and how others can perceive our lives just by viewing our actions and words. I have had a week full of challenges. If you have ever put God to the test to prove himself to you, nothing can prepare you. If there was a warning would any of us heed it anyway?

I feel like a colt that is being broken to be a trained, obedient, loyal, horse. I’ve been putting up a good fight and stubbornly not giving in to submission. As a result, I am facing the consequences. I feel like God is up there watching me and saying, “Will you just do right?” and I am down here, defiant.

I wish I could blame someone else for my stubbornness, but I can’t. I am my own enemy. I know the mistakes I am making are my own. I think out situations in my head, and since I am a writer, on paper, I am in control of the situation, but in life, I goof things up. I want to know the outcome ahead of time, I want to be ok with life situations, and the choices I make, but I fall short time and time again.

My friends like to laugh at my mistakes and I know they are just trying to make light of a situation, but there is a lot of truth in what they say. Their humor is watching me react to situations and when everything goes south they laugh it up. Some friends right? I have one of two choices; keep doing the wrong thing or do the right thing.

In life when we do the right thing- nothing happens.
When we do the wrong thing- everything happens.

If I don’t smoke, I have 100% of airway usage, and no asthma.
If I smoke, I struggle breathing. I have asthma attacks. I am sick for months.
The answer is easy- don’t smoke.

If your life is really discontent, whatever you are doing, you have to realize that in making wrong choices, there are consequences.

I told someone the other day, I am seeking redemption from God. He told me I’ll never get it. Well, if I have his attitude, I might not. I do hope for redemption. I am a sinner and still being punished for every sin there is on earth, all the way back to Eve- her sin causes me to have painful childbearing. When God puts forth punishment there is no escape.

Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.

Psalm 123:2
“We look to Jehovah our God for his mercy and kindness, just as a servant keeps his eyes upon his master… for the slightest signal”

I’m humble in this life God has given me to live, and I regret making choices that are not in God’s will for my life.

Seeking God’s will.

No comments:

Post a Comment