Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

God's Will week Four




I got to spend a whirl-wind week with my dad recently. We were busy everyday and the week flew by. Dads are great when they come over because since I am single, my dad is the guy who fixes things when he is visiting. Before he came up from Florida, he had made his own list of things to do and made sure he accomplished them before he left. My father is great to make sure that my home is secure and my handyman needs are taken care of.

I am very fortunate to be close to my father, we have a very loving and sharing kind of relationship. We talk on the phone at least once a week and there isn’t much that he can’t know about my life. Since Father’s Day is this weekend, I have my dad on my mind a lot more than usual.

I prepared him a snack box for father’s day and he is the kind of guy that is easy to shop for because he loves anything. This year I gave my gift to him some thought. He is always so busy thinking of what he can do for other’s he forgets to do for himself sometimes. He likes to make out like he enjoys all the chores he does, like yard work, or taking care of the house and the cars along with his full time daily job. I don’t doubt his sincerity, but when he was visiting he mentioned that he would like to begin to sketch again. So for Father’s Day I got him a few sketch pencils and a sketch book for him to get started. I didn’t bother with a card, I’m a writer so I usually write my own sentiments in a blank card. This year to my dad I wrote, “One of the best things I inherited from my dad is my imagination. My dad taught me that if I could imagine something, then there was no reason it couldn’t be real. If I could imagine, I could create and make my world what I wanted it to be. I love my daddy.

Happy Father’s Day!

My dad and I have created a lot of things together and along with creating things, if we were building something, drawing or painting, or putting together a puzzle, nothing ever was completed without it’s own set of trials. Maybe our perspective was off and lines were not perfect, but with everything there was learning, and acceptance if things came out differently than we expected.

I have a verse that applies to adversity and how my dad shared it with me,
Romans 5: 3-4
We also have joy with our troubles, because we know that these troubles produce patience. And patience produces character, and character produces hope.

I’m glad I had a great role model to help me with life situations and how to deal with almost any adversity- have a little hope and patience, and when you have a lot of it, be sure to share it.
Wishing you love of your Earthly father and letting you know that Our Heavenly Father is crazy about you too and delights in what you delight in and has sorrow for what you have sorrow for and will always be near with patience and hope.

Love to you.

1 comment: