Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

God's Will week Nineteen

My head hurts today. Thinking. About. Nothing. Ever have those days when everything looks a shade of gray and you wonder why you are starved for color? Well, in my life everything is a shade of gray. Literally. I walked outside and there is nothing but gray.
This is where I work. – I do have an office and its boring too, but I did bling a few things.




 



 

Today I searched for some inspiration to write about. I have a lot of things on my mind. I keep a notebook and in it there were some daily question to ask myself when considering my relationship with God. I read my bible and I am doing the Crazy Love –by Francis Chan book study. Chan puts it on our hearts to really examine our own Christianity. Are we lukewarm? Are we “in love?” Are we …? so on and so forth…

Tough questions.

“I am praying...your body is as healthy as...your soul." 3 John 2 TLB

We all know how important physical health is; here's a plan for keeping your soul in shape:

(1) Don't question your faith, question your doubts. We spend too much time dwelling on our misgivings, experiencing faith as an occasional flash-in-the-pan. God's promises are for 'believers.'

(2) Don't be a 'lone ranger.' It's no accident that the Old Testament contains the story of God's people, and that the Epistles were written to congregations. We grow as we relate - not isolate!

(3) Guard your thought life. If your "thinking is controlled by the sinful self, there is death. But if [it's] controlled by the Spirit, there is life and peace" (Ro 8:6 NCV). Practice mind management!

(4) Fall asleep and wake up immersed in gratitude. It'll transform your day. "In every thing give thanks!" (1Th 5:18).

(5) Ditch anything that distracts you from God. Toss the junk reading material, and if you've got the guts, throw in the TV!

(6) Always err on the side of mercy. Philip Yancey writes: "I marvel at the humility of a God who descends to live inside...his 'flawed' creatures...Do I show that same attitude towards people of whom I disapprove?"

(7) Be specific and don't revert to generalities when discussing your faith. Paul wasn't "ashamed of the Gospel" (Ro 1:16); neither should you be.

(8) Be gracious to the people who irk you. God chose them too! Sometimes it's easier to be gracious to non-believers than to uptight, moralistic Christians. But that just makes you a different kind of judgmental.

(9 ) Forgive those who've hurt you. Harboring hatred hinders healing, so bring your hurts to God.

(10) Submit to the Lord. Wait on the Lord. Watch for the Lord. Join the Lord.


Be watchful and aware of the shades of Gray in your own life and don't let it be evident in your spiritual life. 
Let gray be a color not a characteristic of virtue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment