Go now, a child of God. Choose well the road you take,
And the decisions you make. Keep in mind always that The God you serve continues to call to you, making you more and more every day into the faithful one God wants you to be.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17, 2011 God's Will intro.

I started this blog over a year ago when I was struggling with my divorce. 
Now I have a lot of questions about dating, how to go about it and how I am supposed to handle a future relationship.  And I have even asked myself, should I be in a relationship? 
I am seeking God for this answer.  I have tossed around the idea to live a solitary life and then I met a nice guy and I went on a few dates with him and I really enjoyed spending time with him, and I wondered if it is God's design for me- single or married? 

Buckhead Church Andy Stanley
Twisted part 4 Category of One

Either way to include God, or surrender to God for this decision is a big step of trust.  I know that giving up a lot of little relationships that may not last,  for something better that God has in plan for me is not really a sacrifice, but an investment in myself to prepare for my own future.  I want to honor God in allowing to make this decision for me. 

God is at work in my life.  Can I give God one year?  I really struggled with writing this blog for 365 days and if you follow it,  you know I didn't make it. I really struggle with commitment, I think partly because people I committed to in the past let me down, and I gave up too.  I know it's hard to look at my own character and see what others see, and look deeper to see what I may not let anyone else see.   

I'm in a different season in my life.  I suffered a lot of  personal loss in the past year -my marriage, the death of my older brother and some other losses, but I know these two are my biggest and if I dwell on all the loss it will tear me down.

Four weeks ago I started a sermon study "Discovering God's Will"  with Andy Stanley.  I am in a group of 12 and there is a single male and me, and the rest are couples.  I listen to the struggles they have being a couple and I think, do I want that again?  I do miss the relationship of having someone love me and the physical aspect of affection, and now I look at physical contact with the opposite sex as - fully clothed.  Huggs, kisses, etc. the same I would give a family member, but the intimatcy of a relationship- I want with the right person. I'm fragile with my heart.  I am still grieving. I don't think I can open up my heart to be a revolving door for the opposite sex to pass through.  So I am going to journal and share here from week to week what God exposes to me.  Can I commit to 52 weeks?  It sounds shorter than 365 days, but it is the same amount of time. 

So if you want, meet me here once a week  for the next year and I'll share what God is at work doing in my life or how I am able to do God's will in my relationships with other people.   I know God will be at work on the inside, but I also want an outward appearance of a person that honors God, by being intentional with my actions and friendships. 

I need to renew my mind and change my ways to start today, honoring God.
Things to examine in my life:
my words
my actions
my consistency
my dependability
my presence
my accountability
my consideration of others

From today My present will be my past which will be present in my future.  
(wait for it.... it will make sense if you say it over and over a few times.)

There are no do overs.  There is just doing with God. 

To start an intentional relationship with God, He first told me He is intentional to be a part of my life.
1 Thes. 5: 23-24
"Now may the God of Peace himself sanctify you completely and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful, he will surely do it." 


I dont want to settle, I want what's best for my life and I really want God's will for me.
To God be the glory for what He is going to do with this extraordinary life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment